Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mmm, Finals, End of Year, all that Stuff

Alas. I have arrived at the end of another beautiful academic year. Yes, dear reader, next year, I will officially be a JUNIOR and proud of it! Things I am looking forward to:
  • Studying abroad in Bath, England
  • Traveling a lot while abroad
  • Living in an apartment with two of my favorite people: KJo and Sadie
  • Junior Ring Week (we'll see how this one turns out...)
  • Rings!
  • Being done with almost all my Gen Eds (argh French, one more semester)
  • New freshman, not that I'm tired of the old ones but it is time for some fresh ones
  • Seeing what happens with the BCM and hopefully being instrumental in the changes that are coming
  • Opportunities for future classes with Rafferty, Lorentzen, Harding, and McAllister (yes, I am an English geek)
  • Autumn in Bath
  • Spring at UMW
  • Writing many letters and sending many postcards to friends back home (I'm so going to be broke from postage costs!)
  • Receiving letters from friends back home!
  • Going to see live soccer matches in England
  • Exploring the places where J.R.R Tolkien and C.S. Lewis and J.K. Rowling and Shakespeare and Jane Austen walked and...wrote (the geek has reappeared)
  • Talking to friends on skype
  • Growing in my relationship with Christ and learning more about Him and how He pervades my life.
So I guess this post hasn't really been about finals-- I got distracted. Instead of spending this time to reflect on the past few months, I look forward to the futures and all the possibilities therein.

My address in Bath is...
Claire Cecil
c/o Advanced Studies in England,
Nelson House
2 Pierrepont Street
Bath BA1 1LB, England

No comments: