Sunday, March 8, 2009

I think it's finally over

My birthday, that is. Last night, Katie and I were finally able to dig in to the coconut cake that I had made the day before. Pretty sad that I had to make my own b-day cake-- Well, that's not true, this is my second cake since the church that brought 5Alive dinner brought me a cake as well. I guess I'm spoiled afterall!

Prayer request: Patrick is still in the hospital and it looks like he's going to be there through Tuesday. Prayers are greatly appreciated!

Obama came to visit Walter Reed the other day on the floor directly above Patrick. Despite our general disgust for the mans politics, we still think it's pretty cool that the President was so close by...

The Mission Trip to D.C. went very well. I have to say it was the most unique MT that I have ever taken. Eric, the one who coordinated the activities for the week, was trying to show us the diversity of mission work and that it's not just getting your fingernails dirty, it's about serving in any capacity, even through the Legislature!

3 comments:

argentinito said...

hola!

Gillian said...

Claire, who is Patrick? I would definitely pray but it is nice to have a little more info.

The mission trip sounds so interesting, you will have to tell me more. Perhaps Wednesday? Around Karthia time?

Claire said...

Patrick is my little brother who's 11