Thursday, February 19, 2009

The good. The bad. And the-- yeah, yeah, you get the point.

Here are a few updates in my life (after all, that's part of the reason why this blog exists, right? Th other reason is to make a record of all the jokes that aren't really funny but need a home anyways) :

While things are starting to speed up in terms of school work (midterms and papers, ach), other things are starting to wind down. It's hard for me to articulate exactly what I mean by that but I'm just feeling a general stupor draw over many aspects of my life. Much of that stupor is intentional but some I've just stumbled into without meaning to at all...

I have heard back from YouthWorks and they have decided not to hire me. Rather than be in a state of denial about the whole thing, I've decided that it's healthier to trust in my heavenly Father who has a purpose and a plan for every second of time that He has allowed me to be on this earth. So, I'm not denying that this news was very upsetting and disconcerting but it's obvious that God does not intend for me to spend my summer that way. He's shown me time and again that when one seemingly perfect "plan" goes awry, He has another far better plan already in the works.

The result of this news? I am applying to many scholarships right now to alleviate some of the excess that study abroad will incur. I am very excited about that season in my life! It's impossible for them to not accept me into the program...after all, they ask, will you shell over loads of cash towards our program? Yes. You're in. And that's how it works.

One last thing. My 20th birthday is next week! This may seem like good news. Ladies and gentlemen are riveted to their seats kind of news but alas, my birthday falls during midterms. Hoorah! Not really... I myself have a paper due the following day and a midterm the day after that. I'm starting to wonder if I really have time to celebrate at all... Oh well, it's not like I'm turning 21 or anything important like that!

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Oh dear Claire, I am so sorry for the "bad" news but you are completely right there is a plan in-store for you from Him! It will all be alright! Besides you are going to England and I am so ubber jealous for that.