Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This is one of those "God Rocks" kinds of posts

I am truly in awe of everything that God is doing in my life. He has given me peace about so many things:

1) Katie M. becoming a Christian. This is something that I saw as part of a vague, distant future but for it to happen last night (I'm really regretting not skipping the SYE meeting to go) at the Revival is incredible. This means I officially have a new sister! I want to get to know her more as a person (not because she's now a Christian) but because I think she's a pretty great gal!

2) This one is still a work in progress: YouthWorks. Yes, I am still in the process of waiting to find out whether or not I'm hired but God is giving me peace about the whole thing. Regardless of what happens, I know that God has a great plan for me this summer and will use me wherever He puts me. I'm still experiencing some anxiety (kind of like the anxiety you got when you were waiting for college acceptance/rejection letters) but slowly God is taking that anxiety and turning it into a greater sense of trust in His perfect plan.

3) I finally have been consistent with my QT's. This is not really a normal thing for me because it was never really been part of my Christian education (Sunday School and confirmation). I'm not saying that I don't incorporate prayer into my life on a daily basis but when prayer is not accompanied by God's word, it becomes very shallow and self-centered. I'm reading a few Psalms every night; not in any particular order but whatever part of Psalms I happen to flip open to, I read. His word pierces me and convicts me every time. A few verses from Psalms that especially stood out to me are:

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
all those who practice it have a good understanding.
His praise endures forever!
Psalm 111:10

Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his; [or and not we ourselves]
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Psalm 100:3

Splendor and majesty are before him;
strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.
Psalm 96:6

Take a few moments to reflect on these verses and thank God for who He is because after all, God rocks!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What's a QT? I'm not familiar with the term.

Claire said...

QT= Quiet Time, aka time spent alone with God each day praying or reading scripture or both! : )