Sunday, November 23, 2008

That last post was kind of short so I'll just add another post here.

It's almost Thanksgiving and I am so ready to take a break (sort of). That break is compromised by the fact that I have to start studying for finals and clean the house but...no classes and no work.

I'm working on my art project now. The assignment is to create a book and the rest is up to interpretation. I wish he had given us more guidelines. Restrictions on an assignment somehow how me to be creative and know that my creativity is sanctioned by the professor. I will admit, I am very grade-oriented and I like to know if my idea is going to get me an A. I know that that motivation isn't very intellectual but I'm really only taking this class for a gen ed. In class, he said that he wants us to spend about THIRTY HOURS on this project. Seriously? It is implicit in the 1 part of 105 that it's meant to be a cake class. This is one of my most time-consuming classes of the semester and it hardly even matters!

Alright, I'm done venting. The assignment is somewhat exciting. I'm creating a tunnel book which should resemble this when I'm done:

2 comments:

poiema said...

Wow! It sounds like you are really stressed out about this project! But, be of good cheer, its not over until the moose brays.
So, that is English-major for, "keep on keeping mud"-- I think that is the right expression.

If you get too stressed out, I can always make you some tasty almond biscotti and homemade butter-- that'd go great with your favorite 5-bucks cappa-frappa-chino. :)

Anyhow, best of luck, and your blog is sizzling! I see that no one you know likes sweet potatoes, tho. That's too bad. Nothing like a good tot. ;)

Gillian said...

Claire,
That sounds horrible! The 30 hours that is! I bet it is going to turn out amazing though when you are done.

PS I have a blog too-come on over to it!