Monday, November 24, 2008

Wow, this blogging thing is addictive and fun! Let me reiterate what I said in my first post: I do not blog so that people know every obscure detail of my life (see facebook for that) but just to "scribble" down thoughts that I have or dreams that I don't want to forget.

I discovered something last night. When you eat dinner outside the Nest with no one in particular, you can have conversations with about eight different people by the time you've finished eating. It's like that speed dating set-up without time limits and imposed awkwardness. I guess I could get a reputation for doing this (maybe something along the lines of "that weird girl who always eats by herself") but I will choose to not care.

Praise and Worship last night was incredibly awesome; probably because we're praising an awesome God. No doubt. I particularly like the song, "Can't Get Away," so here are the lyrics:

"Can't Get Away"

I am an arrow, I am a rocket
I am a river and nothing can stop it
Cause You are the target and You are the atmosphere
You are the ocean that keeps pulling me, You're pulling me here

[Chorus:]
And I, can't get away, can't get away
Can't get away, can't get away
I can't get away, can't get away...I keep running into You
[repeat]

I am a beggar, You are the table
I am so helpless, God You are so able
And when I get turned around You change my direction
You're so perfect, I'm so broken, here You come with arms wide open
Chasing after me down every road
You're always waiting there

[Chorus]

Even when I close my eyes, I can't help but see
There's no place that I can hide, You're such a part of me
I can't get away cause I keep running into You
I can't get away...

[Chorus]

2 comments:

poiema said...

I liked that song too... :)
As long as you don't "speed date" every meal, you prolly won't get a reputation...
But if you want a REAL date with someone... I know who you can call!

;)

Katie said...

Liz is right you know...she DOES know who you can call....and it's not ghostbusters.

It's interesting that Can't Get Away got you too, that was the song from this week's set that had the most resonating impact on me. I bought it on iTunes (which makes a for a grand total of...3! purchases.) It's funny how we can hear or see the same things over and over and God will bring new depth and meaning to them when we least expect it...that song and Hebrews 12 have been the start to my week :) So, when you're sitting outside the next, waiting for your next victim to walk by.. you'll have some reading material ;)